5 Jul 2019

Homage to illustrators

Why this post? As many of you know, I am a children books' lover. At the very beginning I did not know why a book liked to me, but a long the years I have been aware that not only the story was important, but also illustrations were crucial for choosing a book. I follow many illustrators and I thought about writing this post due to Guillermo Mordillo's death, a famous one. When I listened to that sad new I reminded of all of those artists who had stolen my heart:
To start with and as a homage, Mr. Mordillo who was famous for his trademark noses.

Alicia Borges: she is an illustrator and a designer.

She has a webpage where you are able to follow her productions. Also you can contact with her. Once, I did it to congratulate Alicia for her productions. Also I suggested her the possibility to draw her particular and personal Alice in Wonderland, I would like a lot ;D


Anna Llenas. It's sure you have seen her most famous drawings around "The colourful monster"
Roser Capdevila. Famous because she is The Triplets' stories author.
Núria Aparicio. She has "La Pendeja" as a nickname
Charles Santore. You can read this "50 years of art and storytelling"and you will see his special way of understanding art and illustrations.


The Italian Flavia Sorrentino. Click on the picture below and you will find a lovely surprise.


Mary Blair. She was born in the early nineties and she started to work for Disney. Later, she met her husband and they worked together.
Sempé

Rébecca Dautremer. She illustrated Alice in Wonderland giving a personal point of view that I share. She says that she rather prefer drawing than speaking. 



No comments:

Post a Comment