19 Jan 2020

A lovely new book


In this delightful picture book, a boy introduces both himself and his monster, who has been with him for as long as he can remember. It is big and bossy and it hides itself from the boy's parents. The book shows the reader or the listener that everyone can overcome fears with the right strategies.
If you are a teacher, let me say that, after reading, you can talk about children fears using the structure: I am afraid of darkness, I am afraid of spiders, I am afraid of...I recommend you to use flashcards for checking and refreshing vocabulary.
After that, what about to do an individual reading comprehension to check what students remember about basic vocabulary? Here you have my proposal:

I would be very happy if you report or write down a comment to give me your feedback about it. Thanks a lot.




No comments:

Post a Comment