22 Oct 2017

T-shirts everywhere

Some children find frustrating and annoying when teacher force them into activities that require thinking, plan and writing.
The question is: is there anything that will make them feel writing is something interesting? So, I tried to engage students with an amazing activity I want to share with all of you.
The aim of this activity is to design a T-shirt with a message and a picture. First, they must observe the language of the messages: short, direct and understandable (but not always correct!). Then, they have to draw, paint and write a message. Finally, they have to write a description of their T-shirt design and present it in front of the class.

Let's find out some examples and understand their messages. Maybe children will find some grammar mistakes. We must be aware!





more










When children decide their message and they finish the activity, they will answer some questions about it:
1) why did they choose it?  (you can give some examples to them)

  • because I like it, 
  • because it makes me feel happy/proud of me
  • because it reminds me an advert...
  • because it reminds me my favourite pet....
2) Do you think is a good message? yes, I do/ no, I don't
3) Why? Because it is about friendship/ kindness/ freedom....

No comments:

Post a Comment